This 2 day City & Guilds qualification is a practical and interactive course which will provide the technical knowledge, training skills and course material to design, develop and deliver effective manual handling training.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
• Nationally recognised certificate
• Caters for a range of experience levels and sectors
• Highly experienced instructors running the course
• Participants receive a unique manual handling instructor pack
• Ongoing support provided
The course concentrates upon the safe handling of materials and goods (rather than patients). Therefore, it is suitable for sectors such as manufacturing, office, construction, distribution, logistics, driver CPC etc)
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN THE FOLLOWING:
• Be able to run training sessions on manual handling with the confidence to answer commonly occurring questions
• Understand how to motivate trainees and ensure the effectiveness of the training – a major hurdle which many courses fail to address adequately.
• Develop a working knowledge of the anatomy of the spine and appreciate the impact on the spine of both good and bad handling technique
• Understand the principles of safe handling and be able to explain safe handling to others in a logical and memorable manner
EXCLUSIVE INSTRUCTOR PACK CONTAINING:
• Comprehensive course manual
• Lesson plans for suggested courses
• CD containing a copy of the course overheads and suggested handler presentations
• Time saving extras such as a test paper, practical assessment sheet and risk assessment form
In addition, attendees are provided with phone and e-mail support after the course. This enables you to discuss any problems which arise and to get ideas as to how they might be solved
Date To be confirmed.
Time 9.30am start. Tea and coffee available from 9.15 - finish by 4.15pm both days
Venue Safety Lift Training Centre
Contact us for more information including details of prices and how to book a place.
P: 028 9061 1361